2017 Law Enforcement Torch Run Rochester Polar Plunge
It's time to #ROCthePlunge and here's the scoop on what you need to know before you take the Polar Plunge
this Sunday, February 12 at Ontario Beach Park.
WHAT ARE THE EVENT DETAILS?
· Registration for the Rochester Polar Plunge opens at 9:00AM
· The Rochester Polar Plunge kicks off at 12Noon
· For event information, parking visit our website at polarplunge.net
· Be sure to SHARE YOUR PICTURES: #ROCthePlunge on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @RocPolarPlunge
WHAT IS THE FUNDRAISING MINIMUM TO POLAR PLUNGE?
· Put the FUN back into your FUNdraising efforts with our Polar Plunge fundraising challenges and incentives!
· To take the Polar Plunge we ask each participant to raise a minimum of $60 and as a thank you, you will receive
the most coveted sweatshirt in all of Rochester...the Polar Plunge sweatshirt.
FUNDRAISING CHALLENGES & INCENTIVES
· Dipping for Diamonds sponsored by Charisma Jewelers
o Every plunger that raises $500 or more by the day of the plunge (Sunday, February 12th at 9:00AM) will
be entered to win a stunning 14 Carat Diamond Pendant especially designed for the Rochester Polar Plunge
sponsored by Charisma Jewelers!
· Chillin' with 98PXY
o The High School team that raises the most money by February 12th at 5:ooPM will get to "Chill with 98PXY!!"
Megan Carter and Corey James, #Team PXY with Carter & Corey morning show will TAKE OVER your High School
for a day....a couple of hours sharing morning announcements, serving lunch, roaming the halls as the Hall Monitor,
hosting a High School Pep Rally, taking selfies with fans....whatever is the most fun for you and your High School.
To sweeten the deal, the TOP fundraiser on the winning High School team will receive four (4) general admission
tickets to 98PXY Summer Jam in 2017. The winning High School team and their Top Fundraiser will be announced
LIVE on #Team PXY with Carter & Corey morning show! (Of course, pending approval from the winning High School)
Fly Your Colors
o The school based team (K-12 or College) that raises the most money overall for the 2017 Rochester Polar Plunge
will have their school colors represented in the color of the 2018 Polar Plunge Logo.
Rochester Polar Plunge Fundraising Incentives
Set your fundraising goal at $250 to earn great prizes and reach for the stars the more you raise, bigger and cooler prizes you can earn!
Following the event, plungers will receive an email to claim their incentive prizes. They can follow the emailed instructions and prizes
will arrive in 6 to 8 weeks.
Check out these great fundraising incentives for 2017!
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
· Have fun! Wear a costume to take the Polar Plunge. Be a Superhero. A Princess. A Clown. Be Creative and Get into the
Polar Plunge Spirit!
· Dress warm and in layers.
· Wear shoes. Water shoes are best. No Flip Flops. Shoes are a MUST!
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
· Pack an extra change of clothes, socks and shoes for after you Plunge.
· Pack a towel. We do hand out a towel right when you come out of the water that you must leave on the beach, an extra one
wouldn't be a bad idea.
· Pack a garbage bag to store your wet clothes after you Plunge.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE ON SUNDAY...
CHECK IN TO THE POLAR PLUNGE REGISTRATION TENT presented by Datto
· All Plungers are to visit the Polar Plunge Registration Tent presented by Datto - located in the FIRST tent when approaching the
Ontario Beach Park.
· Registration opens at 9:OOAM.
· When checking in, each Polar Plunger will sign a Participant Waiver, receive an orange wristband to Plunge and receive a
Polar Plunge sweatshirt pass for raising the minimum $60 to participate. To sweeten the deal, all who raise the $60 will receive
a dessert coupon to Salena’s!
· ATTENTION PLUNGERS ON TEAMS: Each plunger must have raised $60 individually to receive a sweatshirt. Team donations
must be spread among team members before plunge to ensure they receive their sweatshirts!
· If you raised your money all online...don't worry! We will have totals for each Polar Plunger at registration.
· If you are part of a team you DO NOT need to check in with your team. Each Polar Plunger is to check in and then you can meet
with your team.
· If you are bringing donations to the Polar Plunge in the form of cash and/or checks, your donations can be brought directly to the
Polar Plunge Registration Tent presented by Datto.
· Checks are to be made payable to "Special Olympics New York".
WHERE DO I PICK UP MY POLAR PLUNGE SWEATSHIRT?
· Reminder: You must raise $60 in order to receive the coveted Polar Plunge sweatshirt.
· When checking into the Polar Plunge Registration Tent presented by Datto, you will receive a ticket to redeem at the
Polar Plunge sweatshirt tables on the SECOND floor in the Robach Community Center, next to the registration tent.
WHERE IS THE COSTUME JUDGING CONTEST & TEAM PHOTOS?
· Show your Polar Plunge Spirit by wearing a costume to plunge! We will have official judges on hand to vote on the best costumes
on the SECOND floor in the Robach Community Center.
· You and your team can have a team photo taken on the SECOND floor in the Robach Community Center.
· Costume judging contest starts at 10:00AM and ends at 11:15AM
RAFFLES AND POLAR PLUNGE MERCHANDISE!
· We have great raffle items this year, snow blower, sport packages, dinner packages, TV and lots more!
· Tickets can be purchased at the Raffle Table located on the SECOND floor in the Robach Community Center and there will be
raffle volunteers circulating the area selling tickets throughout the morning!
FOOD, COFFEE, HOT CHOCOLATE!
· There will be plenty of delicious treats, coffee and hot chocolate for sale on the FIRST floor in the Robach Community Center.
WHERE DO I POLAR PLUNGE AND IS THE WATER ICE COLD?
· The Rochester Polar Plunge takes place in the waters of Lake Ontario in the area of the lake directly behind the Robach Community Center.
· At 12Noon, Polar Plungers will begin forming a line in the Main Event Tent to take the parade to the waters of Lake Ontario.
· And, you are correct, the water is chilly but hopefully not as chilly as the air!
WE ARE GOING TO PUMP YOU UP TO POLAR PLUNGE!
· It's not a Polar Plunge without the best party in town with Nova Event Management and Hot Shots located in the Main Tent
next to the Robach Community Center.
· Enjoy the Polar Plunge stage with the famous Polar Plunge emcee, David Shaw and the dynamic duo of Megan Carter and
Corey James with #TEAM PXY Cater + Corey in the Morning!
· It's a party with great music, award presentations, winner of the Dipping for Diamonds fundraising challenge sponsored by
Charisma Jewelers, winners of the Costume Judging Contest announced and the wild opening ceremony!
· We rock the stage beginning at 9:00AMish and don't stop until we parade to take the Polar Plunge at 12Noon.
WHEN SHOULD I ARRIVE AND WHERE DO I PARK?
· Don't be late! Some of the best times of the event happen before the actual Polar Plunge.
· The Pre-Plunge Party kicks off at 9:00AM and you should plan your morning to be inside the Main Event Entertainment Tent by 11:00AM.
· Allow yourself PLENTY of time as parking is VERY limited at Ontario Beach Park.
· Parking is first come-first serve basis, we advise you to use our FREE OFF SITE PARKING AND SHUTTLE SERVICE
at Greece Arcadia High School located at 120 Island Cottage Road.
· Greece Arcadia High School take 390 N, Exit at Latta Road; Turn right onto Latta Road; Take immediate left onto
Island Cottage Road& Greece Arcadia High School is on your right.
· FREE OFF SITE shuttle services are running to and from Greece Arcadia High School beginning at 8:30AM until 1:30PM.